Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Glorious Walk Tonight!

The Lord just gave a joyous gift to me as I was walking outside the CCC compound in the nearby neighborhood.

An older man (I found out later he was retired) was "relieving" himself along the side of the road and he finished just as I was walking by. I greeted him and he responded in English. We small talked for a bit and then he asked me what I do. I told him I am a Christian and I help other people come to personally know Jesus Christ. When I said that he got all excited. He asked me if I had read a book called the "Power of Positive Thinking" by Vincent Peal. I told him I heard of it, but hadn't read it.

He asked me about why I became a Christian. So I spent about 5 minutes explaining to him the Gospel through my personal story. When I was finished I asked him about his beliefs. He told me he was a H. but that he had many spiritual leaders, including Jesus Christ. I shared with Him John 14:6 and other Scriptures which show that Jesus is fully God and that His death and resurrection was the only way to know the one and true God.

Anyway to make a long story shorter, he asked me about the New Testament. I asked him if he had ever read it. He said, NO, but wanted to. So I took him to the CCC compound and went to find an English NT. None to be found. I couldn't believe it. I almost gave him my ESV Bible....Almost. But I found out that I can get a paper NT in the area tomorrow. So I went and got an English Gospel tract and gave it to him and told him that tomorrow at 6 pm I (or one of the men--since I may still be at ANARAG) would be here to give him a Bible. He agreed. We parted and he walked off down the street into the darkness (it gets dark around 6 pm.

What a glorious WALK. Thank YOU Jesus, for a wonderful gift to share with this man, who you know and love and I ask you to open His heart to YOU, that YOU are God's eternal Son, who died for sinners like me and rose again from the dead. Holy Spirit reveal Jesus Christ in a saving way this evening and bring him back tomorrow.

No comments: